Friday, November 20, 2009

One week away...

Well, this time last year I was at school (as I am today) and everyone was so excited that Tanner might make his arrival during Thanksgiving break. Of course, I was saying ..."well, if he doesn't I am not going to be happy if I have to come back after Thanksgiving...!" So, I left school for Thanksgiving break not knowing what a wonderful week it would really turn out to be. I stayed very busy that week...hanging Christmas decorations, getting last minute things done around the house for a new baby, and planning where we were going to eat our Thanksgiving lunch. It is amazing to think that this time last year Brian and I had no clue how our lives were going to change over my "Thanksgiving break." Tanner ended up changing our lunch plans on Thanksgiving ...I did not even have lunch last Thanksgiving. We stayed at the hospital the entire day and Tanner made his arrival that night! Wow...I can't believe that was almost a year ago. Tanner is an absolute blessing to our lives and has brought more joy to our family than I could ever have imagined. And, having him on Thanksgiving day really says it all. We have so much to be thankful for. He is a healthy, happy, smart, fun, curious boy. God is so good. So, one week from today we will be having a big celebration for our little one year old turkey! And, I am sure I will not be missing out on any Thanksgiving turkey this year...
-Proud mommy of an almost one year old

No comments: