Sunday, February 14, 2010

ER...

Yes, you read it right...Here's how the story went.
Friday night, Mommy and Daddy took me to meet DeeDee and Pepaw so I could spend two nights with them. I was really looking forward to doing lots of fun stuff in Kosy. And, Mommy was planning to spend all day Saturday working on the school yearbook, which is due real soon, so she is a bit stressed about it. Daddy was just looking forward to working on some websites and relaxing some because he has had a cold. Friday night, Mommy and Daddy had a little date...Chickfila and a movie. Saturday morning at 5:30a.m., Pepaw called to let them know that I had fever over 102 and see what we needed to do. Of course, with my recent kidney infection, everyone was worried. My fever got up to 104.6 between the Tylenol and Ibuprofen and after talking to the on-call urologist in Memphis and Dr. Molly we all decided I must be seen and cathed to get a urine sample to make sure nothing was going on with that. Unfortunately Urgent Care Clinic was not able to do the cath because I am so young, so we ended up at the emergency room. The ER doctor tested me for flu and strep-both which came back negative, but said my throat looks very red and it looks like strep/tonsilitis to her. They also drew blood from my arm...ouch! And, my urine sample looked good to them...it has been sent off for culutre and we will know more results of that tomorrow afternoon. Since the doctor feels it is strep, she gave me a shot of Rocephin and some antibiotics that I will start today. My fever has been close to 102 today, but overall I seem to be feeling a little better , just not eating at all. We are praying that the culture is fine and there is no growth and all this is, is a mean case of strep:( So, please say a little prayer for me! Mamaw is coming to visit tomorrow and I want to be feeling better.
Happy Valentine's Day to all...

1 comment:

Kellie Berry said...

poor little man and mom and dad! hope he's better soon!