Monday, September 28, 2009

10 months old...

Well, time is flying by...just as everyone said it would. Tanner is now 10 months old and a busy little boy.

Some days I ask myself "Is being a mom really supposed to be this much fun?" Yes, we have our meltdowns, but overall being a mother is the best thing in the world! So many moments I want to stop time and be in that moment forever with him.

He loves to laugh and play. He thinks Mayer is the best thing ever. He chases him around, tries to chew on his toys, and loves to play in the water bowl. It is great entertainment and tons of laughs around our house these days.

Since today is actually "the day after" he is 10 months old, I was thinking about the day after he was born...I remember being in that hospital room and just being so proud and amazed that Brian and I were now parents! Not really having a clue what I was doing, but knowing that God had somehow prepared us for this along the way(I guess all those years of babysitting for me could count for something!) just calmed my crazy nerves.

For Tanner to be born on Thanksgiving Day just says it all...He is a blessing to us! I am so thankful for so many things ...the wonderful nurses that came running when we called,wonderful parents, family, and friends that came to cheer us on and love on Tanner, and for our church family and friends that brought us supper for so many weeks after he was born. So, I don't really know that any of this makes sense to you, but it has been on my mind to share something since he is now another month older...the pressures of blogging, I guess! Laura

2 comments:

l cummins said...

isn't it amazing? you are such a wonderful mother...what a lucky little boy!

Jan Johnson said...

Oh I feel the same way Laura! So glad you're enjoying being a mommy to sweet Tanner!