Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Surgery's Over!

Well, I am snoozing pretty good in this picture...and, the best part is surgery is over! We got to Lebouhner at 7:30am. We played and visited with DeeDee and Pepaw for a while. It felt like a long while when I started getting hungry and thirsty. A little before 11am I got called to the bunny room where I got to pick out a toy, then to the holding room we went. The holding room is where I let everyone know that I had had nothing to eat since 10pm last night. Mommy and Daddy gave me lots of kisses and sent me with the doctors and nurses who were very understanding of my little tantrum. A little after 1pm, Dr. Williams let Mommy and Daddy know that the surgery went well and he even said that the left ureter would have probably never corrected itself...so, we were thankful that we ended up in his arms to have this corrected! A little while later, Mommy and Daddy got to come see me in recovery. I woke up very quickly after the surgery, and seemed a little uncomfortable. It was not too long before the pain meds kicked in and I was snoozing (see above pic). I have been up some and drinking lots...which is great. We are praying that I rest well tonight. I have a cath that will be in for at least 24 hours so that the doctors can keep up with my output. Also, I have an IV that will stay in for fluids and medicine. My incision is bigger than what Mommy expected, but hopefully that will heal quickly too. Daddy let the nurse know that since I am going to be a supermodel one day, that thing is going to have to heal nicely! So, that is the report for now. Mommy will keep you posted. Thanks for your continued prayers.

3 comments:

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

Oh bless his heart. Tell Brian that two of my sister Susan's kids had the same trouble and Dr. Williams fixed them up too! Praying for a quick recovery. We just didn't realize how bad her girls felt until after their surgery. It made a ton of difference in them!

The Burrell's said...

Hope Tanner continues to do good!! Hope you & Brian can get some rest!! Still praying for all of you!!!

Kellie Berry said...

bless you dear laura! dr. molly told me about the surgery! we'll be back for an appt. again in June. i'll try to remember to catch up with you to play that day! hope Tanner is feeling better!!